Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Naptime Creation...

I've recently seen a few different blogs on enhancing a boring t-shirt. I had one I had purchased at a yard sale for $0.50 that just didn't fit right so I decided to give it a try.
I apologize for not taking a before picture.
The problem with the shirt was it was too long and fit wierd around my waist... just enhancing all the wrong parts.
I started by cutting off about 4 inches from the bottom.  I used that fabric in folded strips to make the flowers and added some buttons in the middle for some interest.  I then did some small pleating on the sides to give it the wrinkled effect.  I hemmed the bottom of the shirt because it didn't seem to have enough bulk.  And wha la! A shirt that I'm actually going to wear. Not too bad for my first try...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Pink Flamingo...

On Friday afternoon I realized that my gym was going to have a special Costume workout on Saturday morning... I tried to think of a fun quick costume to wear.  With no luck I googled some inspiration and found a photo of a pink flamingo costume, it was too hilarious to pass up.
So with a few yards of pink fabric, some black jersey fabric, pink tool, batting and a few pieces of card stock I created a hilarious costume.  It took about 4 hours of work to finish but it was lots of fun and not to mention a good laugh.  We did the workout in our costumes which was hysterical. That night I just tightened up the drawstrings and had my daughter wear it for trick-or-treating.