Thursday, October 20, 2011

Frankencrispy Treat & His Bride

I decided to make some fun treats for a Halloween party on Saturday... 
The hosts of the party are going to be Frankenstein and His Bride so I thought I'd stick with their theme and make some Rice Crispy Treats Frankenstein style! 

I did your basic recipe and added some green food coloring. 
I formed them into a large cookie sheet and then cut them into the desired size.  

 Then I shaped one sheet into rectangle-ish shapes. 
(This is the green you get when you forget to mix the food coloring in until you are already stirring them up.)

And the other batch into long rectangle-ish shapes. They were easily molded even 15 to 20 minutes after I had poured them into the pans. 
(This is the green you get when you add the coloring in the marsh mellows before you start mixing.)

After the shapes had set for a bit I melted some dark chocolate on a double boiler and half dipped, half painted on the "hair".  

The chocolate was taking a long time to set and so I proceeded very carefully adding all the details.  
-For Frankencrispy's hair, eyebrows and mouth I used the chocolate.  
-For the eyes and stitching your basic out of the can frosting with some food coloring.  
-For the bolts I cut miniature marshmellows in half and secured them with some frosting.  

-For his lovely Bride I used the chocolate for her hair and eyelashes.
-For her eyes, mouth, stitching, and hair highlights I used frosting. 
(For applying the frosting I used a sandwich bag with a small hole cut in the corner.)

Wha La!  The happy couple : )


I love how these turned out and the kids and Andrew said they tasted great! 
I can't wait to give one a try on Saturday. 

1 comment: