Monday, April 26, 2010

Art and potatoes

I've been working on some art for the Iron Man Festival on April 30th and May 1st.
I was able to complete these 4 in just 3 days. 
(big thanks to my big sister for helping me with the back round on a few of these...she saved me a load of time)
This one is about 4 feet tall.  

Let's just say this one rocks : )

This is three 8x10 canvases.  My first attempt at the grunge look. 
inside scoop: those diamond shapes were created with my homemade potato stamp.... Yes I really am that cheap.

This one is three 8x10 canvases.  It just makes me smile. 

I would like to encourage those aspiring artist out there that you don't need a ton of money or supplies to create art.  These pieces were all completed with:
 *3 different size brushes
*paint
*some canvases from Michael's
*a potato
*paper towels

Don't be afraid to try something... and if it doesn't work out you can always just paint over it : )

2 comments:

  1. Love these! What kind of paint do you use? I just bought a bunch of canvases on sale at Michaels but don't know which paint to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you selling these??????? Interested people want to know!

    ReplyDelete