Thursday, April 14, 2011

Before and After Fabulousness!

So a while ago I purchased a great dresser for the girls room... and thus began my first furniture make over! 
Here is the before pics that I almost forgot to take... there were gold pulls on these drawers
 Here is the dresser with some primer on it...


After the beautiful aqua spray paint : ) I was in love already. 

Then from some fabric I had got inspiration for these cute trees. After many layers of pink and yellow I finally finished yay!! This is what held up the process the most. 

Here is the close up of the schnazzy handles that I love! 
 What goes better with a cute dresser than an newly refreshed head board?.... no before pic here, but it was just a plain white head board before.  We (me and my sister...a pro upholsterer) added 4 layers of batting and then this super cute fabric accented with some brightly colored rick-rack. 
A close up of the cuteness : )  We completed this all in just a few hours soo rewarding!



After finishing up the head board we got inspired to start the quilt that started it all... and finished it in just 2 days of working a few hours here and there.  All it needs now is a backing and to be quilted :)

 
This flower is applique' ...it's the first time I've ever attempted it and I was pleased with my results.


 This isn't the girls bed... just need some muscle to get the room moved around and then we'll have a final pic with all the components all together : )
Soo... after 2 days of finishing the dresser painting, making a head board, and a quilt I'm feeling accomplished and so excited for the girls new colorful room.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the quilts! Can't wait for my quilt frame to tie the boys and put them on their beds! Very cute room! Want to see the whole room when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do all this with three kids and 9 months preggo??? You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete