Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Adventures...

On Friday we got the chance to go to Sand Hollow (pictured above) with my sister and her family.  We did some boating, the kids braved the crazy cold water, Andrew learned how to wake board, and we had a wonderful time.  I can't wait for the water to warm up so I can enjoy the swimming and do some wake boarding myself.  We also survived with NO sunburns, which is amazing with my fair skinned children. 

Then, on Saturday we headed out to Red Cliffs, this great hiking area with a river that runs through it.  We were a site to see: Andrew with Shaw in a hiking backpack, Me with Blaize in a front carrier thingy, Daisy on the leash, and Marinn and Taurin walking.  I guess they thought we were a bit mad taking 4 kids age 4 and under + a dog on a hike.  We hiked back into the canyon about a mile to this waterfall with pools for the kids to swim in.  They had a great time playing in the water and sliding down the rock into the pools.  It's such a neat place and so much fun.  I definitely need to get a durable/waterproof camera to take with us on our adventures because I can see a lot coming this summer.  Below are some pictures, not taken by me, but this is where we hiked up to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment