Monday, August 22, 2011

Sock Bun Review & Victoria Secret Hair

I've experimented with a few different sock bun options.

#1. Sock bun while working out.
The results weren't too bad, this was my first try and I don't think I got it wrapped tight enough or dampened my hair enough.  The curls lasted okay, not sure if that's because they needed to be sprayed or if my hair weighs like 8 pounds.  

#2.  Sock bun overnight with very damp hair. (I don't have a picture of this one because I did it at about 3am.)  The result was very sad.   My hair was much too damp and so the result was scraggly looking half dry half wet hair.  No bueno.... Or should I say no bun-o. 

#3.  Double sock bun overnight with lightly dampened hair.  
I used 2 sock buns and easily got a nice tight roll.  I think 2 is probably necessary for the amount of hair that I have (see size of sock bun in #1).  The resulting curls were really great, but after walking Marinn to school they are more like light waves.  Maybe I just need more product in my hair or less hair?  I'm thinking I'll give it one more attempt with maybe some mouse or spray in my hair to help make the curls last.  
  
All of this sock bun stuff was spurred on by a picture I posted of my Victoria Secret hair.  So here you go!

Victoria Secret Hair 101

There are 2 methods I've found on this one...

 #1.  Hair in high pony, use straightening iron on small sections of hair then roll around Velcro rollers.  Let cool and then take down.
I use clips or bobbi pins to help hold curlers in place. 
After the curlers are out.
The result is a very voluminous with some slight curl at the ends (depending on the size of rollers you use).  

#2.  Same as above method but instead of using Velcro rollers you just wrap the hair around your finger and pin it down... like a pin curl.  This seems to work the best for me just because my hair is so heavy that curls tend to come out easily and these curls are smaller.  The results look a bit like the double sock bun above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment