Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Top Secret Coupon Mission

While going to pick up Marinn from school I noticed a recycling dumpster for "paper only".  I peeked in to see the mother load of possible coupons!  The following is the conversation that conspired later that evening.

I text my sister (she was working), "Would you join me on a secret mission after you get off work?"
Her response. "Sure. What's the plan?"
Me, "I found a secret stash of free coupons near Marinn's school."
Her, "Ok."

After she gets off work at 10:30pm she calls and the conversation goes something like this,
Her, "So, are we breaking into somewhere to steal coupons, because that's kind of what it sounds like?"
(I think it's funny she agreed even though it sounded like we would be breaking and entering, now that's a good sister!)
Me, "Oh no, we will just be dumpster diving."
Her in a small pitiful voice, "I don't want to go dumpster diving."
Me, "You don't have to get in, you can just stand out side and I'll pass you the coupons."
Her, "Are we going to get arrested if we get caught?"
Me, "No, Andrew said he doesn't think it's illegal.  But if we do I'm totally going to ask to hold up a coupon in my mug shot."
Her, "Ok, I'll pick you up in a few minutes, I'm on my way."
Me, "Ok, I'll have the flash light and masks ready."

She picks me up and we head to our destination.  We pull up, get out and I go to open the large lid on the top, only to discover that it is locked shut.  Fortunately there is a large square opening on the front, a "shoot" you could call it that if easily big enough for someone to fit through.
Now, anyone that knows me and my sister knows that I have about 80 lbs and 5" on her, so she is significantly smaller than myself.  We decide that the safest bet would be to put her down the shoot so I don't get stuck.  So, down she goes!
I pass her the flash light and she starts digging like a pro!  Now I have to note that this was the cleanest dumpster I've ever seen.  No smell, no cockroaches, no spiders, just paper and magazines.  
 With her awesome work we came out with 12 coupon circulars, and 4 motorcycle magazines.
This was actually a great time, we laughed a lot and it was totally free, not to mention scoring some great coupons. We decided if the cops came I would just shut off the light and leave her in there, then circle the block and pick her up after the cops left... lets just say this made us giggle.  

I'm seriously considering making this a monthly adventure and even hitting some of the other recycle bins in the city.  But next time I'll take a trip down the shoot : )  Who's with me? 

1 comment:

  1. that is hilarious!!! i love that she is the one that ended up in the dumpster and that she is still wearing her work shirt. I can finally tell that you are sisters by her silly smile in the last picture. so cute!

    ReplyDelete