Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cork Board Project

I found this great 30"x 42" cork board on Craigslist for $10, it had never been used and it was in perfect condition.  
 I almost forgot the before picture, but here is what it looked like before.  I think cork is very boring so I thought I'd spice it up.  

 I did the back round color in a flat finish, and the design was metallic of the same color.  I drew out a template for the design I wanted and cut it out.  I would just lay the template out and paint about an inch around it, so the template wasn't getting covered in paint, I also didn't want the pattern to be perfect so I wasn't super concerned with following the pattern exactly.  

I am not a naturally organized person, so it has been my goal since becoming a wife and mother of four to learn some organizing skills.  I found this great website called iHeart Organizing and printed out some great free printables that will help me keep track to appointments during the week, meal plans and a few other things. 

My fabulous cork board is now hung in my kitchen and ready to keep me on track.  

No comments:

Post a Comment