Thursday, May 31, 2012

Taco Bites

 I saw this recipe on Pinterest for Taco Bites and it sounded like a great idea because tacos are messy... especially when feeding them to children.  So, I tried it out and substituted the won ton wrappers for Raw Tortillas (pictured below).  I just cut the tortilla into 4 pieces and then folded the corners over the filling, which helped hold in the meat and cheese even better.  It also gave the tortilla a fried crispy texture without the grease.  Yay!  For those of you on the east coast I'm not sure if you will be able to find these but if you do buy them!  They are delicious!
I was able to reduce the baking time down to just 5 min and the kids loved them!  And, they weren't as messy as tacos.  I'd like to try this with an enchilada flare to it and fill the tortillas with flavored chicken and cheese and then smother them with some enchilada sauce : )  I'll definitely be posting that recipe when it's created.

No comments:

Post a Comment