Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Coupon Madness!

I have a few friends who do some serious couponing and I've wanted to give it a try so in the last few weeks I've been attempting to save some cash.  It definitely takes some time, comparing and searching but I'm finding my way.
Last night I was trying to improve my skills and read a blog about getting great deals at Walgreens because they give you Register Rewards which is basically an amount you get back for you next purchase that you can spend on anything.  Like free cash to spend in their store.  So purchase those items with coupons you get double the discount.  This morning I pulled out my coupons and my Walgreens add and started searching for the best deals.  When you start adding things up you discover some great stuff...
For example:
I had a $4 off coupon for a razor that my husband uses.
It was on sale for $9.99
With Register Rewards of $4.00
So after my coupon and register rewards I really only paid: $1.99 for a 5 blade power razor.
This makes me happy : )


So when I went today my trip went something like this:

original bill started at:  $93.00
Store discounts and coupons: -$38.00  
Total Paid:  $55.00
THEN! Got $12.00 back in Register Rewards (basically them giving me cash to spend in their store on my next purchase!)
So that really takes my bill down to $43 so I saved 46% on my entire purchase! 


Now since I've started my couponing adventure some people (clerks, other customers etc.) seem to be irritated when I bust out my pile of coupons, but today I experienced something grand.  
I pull out my coupons and the customer behind me says, "Now that is a good woman right there."
The clerks says, "Yeah her bill started out at $93 and she's down to $55!"
The customer, "There you go girl! Way to go!" 
Then I pay and the register starts spitting out my Register Rewards... 
The clerk says, "Now here comes some cash back! Two Dollars! Four Dollars!...." etc... increasing with excitement.  The customer is cheering after every print out.  I couldn't help but smile and laugh and cheer along with them. 
It was great! It made me want to shop at Walgreens every day. 
This was a definite encouragement while Shaw is throwing my purse on the floor, Taurin is asking to get out of the cart, and Marinn is dancing around the cart with our bag of loot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment