Sunday, July 10, 2011

Insanity Week 1: Weight In + Fish Taco Recipe!

After one week of INSANITY Andrew and I have both lost 4 pounds!  Whooo hooo! 
Getting closer to our goals already! 
Found a great healthy alternative:  Substitute your corn or flour tortilla in your taco to a large leaf of Romaine lettuce.  Has a nice crunch and my fish taco was still delicious! I think I might actually like this better than a tortilla : ) 
    
=


Fish Tacos

Fish:
Filet of Catfish, Tilapia, or Mahi Mahi
Lightly bread with corn meal and some seasoning of your choice
Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and bake in the oven

Topping:
Cabbage cut thin
Cilantro
Jalapenos
Green onions
Toss the above items with some vinegar and oil to make a spicy slaw.

Pico de Gallo:
Tomatoes
Onions
Cilantro
Jalapenos
Garlic
Chop and mix together for a tasty chunky salsa

Put it together:
Cut or break apart the fish and place on your leaf of Romaine lettuce, top with a generous portion of the spicy slaw and Pico if you prefer and then squeeze a lime over the top.  Enjoy!

These are so crunchy, spicy and flavorful.  I had them for lunch and dinner today : ) I used the Mahi Mahi and it really holds the moisture and doesn't dry as easily as other fish, it was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. The Jumbo butter lettuce is even better...I love that you are posting these, i am trying to get in shape myself, good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete