Monday, July 18, 2011

Insanity Week 2: Weigh In + Measurements

Yesterday (Sunday), marked our second completed week of INSANITY.  We had an adventurous Saturday hiking in Zion National Park for about 10 hours (another post on that later), and Sunday at the lake.  Needless to say I'm glad we have been doing INSANITY because I might not be walking right now if we hadn't.

So, now for the numbers the exciting part!

I lost another 3 pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 7 pounds! Yay!
I also lost 1 inch on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, and 1 inch on my neck... thats 4 total inches lost so far!
You put all that together and I have lowered my percentage of body fat by 3%!  


Andrews stats...
No weight loss this week for him, but he held steady at his previous weeks weight.  
He lost 2 inches in his waist! 
And all that combined he lost 4% of body fat! 


Now some of you might look at some of the numbers and think that's not much, but the real goal here is lowering our body fat because that is what really causes the problems... so if you are trying to reach goals and don't see weight coming off you might want to measure your body fat loss so you can see that their are still changes going on.

As far as the eating healthier I have really been able to change my mindset and realize that there are a lot of options out there for great tasting food... even when eating out... without the huge amount of calories.  Sometimes you have to get creative and ask them to leave something off or replace it with a more healthy option but it's totally worth it! We have been eating small meals about 5 times a day and I find myself being less hungry and not wanting to snack all day long.  It is a challenge everyday but I am seeing results and know that it is better for my future, I just have to keep on going and being disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment