Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quick Flyer / Business Card

I love doing graphic design stuff... I've never had any formal training but I've learned lots from youtube videos and just playing with Photoshop.  I love every time I get the opportunity to design something.  Yesterday I got to design a flyer for one of my moms friends.  It started with this picture:


She just needed a business card/flyer to promote some metal yard art.  In just about and hour I came out with this:


I've always been very specific about the font that I use for projects.  I think a font can change the whole feel of an item so I take a lot of time trying to find the right one.  I actually downloaded 3 new fonts just to use on this project. I only ended up using 2 but that's where the large portion of my time was spent.  My mom called me a "font snob".  I would agree with her completely and I will gladly accept the title.  My mom is the "bacon snob"... she will not eat bacon unless it the good quality, meaty, thick cut bacon.  We all have our own thing I guess : )

No comments:

Post a Comment