Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crab!

I had the wonderful privilege of having a long conversation on the Facebook messenger tonight with the lovely, hilarious, dear friend Megan Nichols.  She is smart, witty and we have a great history of fun and laughter.  What follows is a portion of the conversation that is just too hilarious not to share.
Some info you need to know:
*Megan is from Maryland and makes bomb diggity crab cakes.
*In August she made them when my mom was visiting and gave my mom the recipe.
*My mom fell in love with crab cakes.


Now for the funniest conversation I've had in a long time....
*this conversation what used by permission. 



Jessica
my mom gave your crab cake recipe to my nana... you are infiltrating the west with your east coastal ways
10:02pmMegan
ha!
how often does she make those?
10:02pmJessica
my mom has made prob 5 times at least
my mom loves them... she's getting a job so she can afford her crab cake addiction
10:03pmMegan
hahaha
10:04pmJessica
we got a notice the other day they were shutting of the electricity because my mom spent the money on crab!
10:04pmMegan
for some its alcohol. others cant stop with the ciggs.
10:04pmJessica
lol!
10:04pmMegan
crab cakes in the dark is still bliss
10:05pmJessica
lol! amen to that!
10:05pmMegan
bahahah
shes just creating ambiance
crab cakes are fine dining
hahaha
10:05pmJessica
my mom is feeding these lines to me from the kitchen as she is scarfing down crab
10:06pmMegan
hahahahahhahaha
man im going to save this convo for whenever i need a good laugh
10:06pmJessica
lol me too!!
the kids used to call her mar mar but now they just call her crab car
10:07pmMegan
haha
poor kids have to watch her addiction
10:08pmJessica
they call her crab car as in "GET IN THE CAR WE ARE GONNA GO GET MORE CRAB!"
the crab portion of this might make it to my blog :)
10:09pmMegan
i would feel extra special:)
10:10pmJessica
i can totally see you with your computer all snuggled on the couch laughing your butt off
like old times : )
10:10pmMegan
wait... if you dont have lights...how is she cookin those suckers

10:11pmJessica
she has a really amazing wood burning stove
and i'm ashamed to say i paid for the electric to support her addiction... she shares
10:12pmMegan
she sends the girls out in the snow... "go fetch crab car her wood so i can make my crab cakes!" (girls shiver and cry)
10:12pmJessica
lol!
me and my mom are dying
i don't know if we can take much more
10:13pmMegan
hahahaha
well mar mar just know we're here.
10:14pmJessica
lol
she's going to open a restuaunt called "crab cars crab cakes"
10:15pmMegan
off subject:andrew is sitting on the other couch watching me laugh hysterically... when all of a sudden.. i farted. and he says"you know i was just looking at you thanking God for you. watching you smile when you did that at the same time"
10:16pmJessica
lmbo!!!
that is awesome!
i can hear it now!!!
10:16pmMegan
hahahahaha
10:17pmJessica
that's soo not the first time that has happened
that part is definitely going in the blog!
10:17pmMegan
haha. sadly, it's not.
10:18pmJessica
what happens on facebook. stays on facebook.
and then gets forwarded to all of your friends
10:18pmMegan
haha!
it's all good. your blog is good because it's honest.

2 comments: